Without an existing cluster
Step-by-step guide on how to deploy Cased Shell on a brand new cluster.
- Microsoft Azure
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- 6 or more CPUs
- 8GB or more RAM
- 75GB or more free on the root volume
- A DNS hostname that resolves to the public IP address of the EC2 instance (setup with Route53, etc). You'll use this DNS hostname to access Cased Shell's web application. (
- A separate DNS hostname that points to the same public IP address. You'll use this DNS hostname to access Cased Shell's Admin Portal, which will guide you through the process of configuring and updating Cased Shell. (
- Access to ports
- Network access to the hosts you would like to access
curl -sSL https://k8s.kurl.sh/cased-shell | sudo bash
Once the script has completed:
- Locate the license sent to you by your Cased Shell account rep. You'll need this to proceed.
- Visit the URL output by the above command.
- Ignore the TLS warnings and the prompt to upload a certificate - a certificate will automatically be obtained from
Let's Encrypton deploy.
- Check all the boxes. Use
letsencrypt-prodcert-issuer. Enter your email.
- Wait a few minutes while the install completes. You should see the status changed from
- Once the install reports as
Ready, click the "Open Cased Shell" link to visit Cased Shell.