With an existing cluster
Step-by-step guide on how to deploy Cased Shell on an existing Kubernetes cluster.
- Kubernetes 1.19.x or newer
- An ingress provider with TLS support (e.g. nginx + cert-manager, traefik, AWS load balancer controller, etc)
curl https://kots.io/install | bash
kubectl kots install cased-shell
- Locate the license sent to you by your Cased Shell account rep. You'll need this to proceed.
- Visit the URL output by the above command.
The Cased Shell installer creates an Ingress resource that must be annotated to match your Ingress, TLS certificate, and DNS management providers.
kubernetes.io/ingress.classannotation must be set to match your ingress provider's requirements.
- The hostname you've configured as CASED_SHELL_HOSTNAME must be pointed at the IP address(es) of your ingress server.
- A valid TLS certificate must be associated with the ingress record.
For example, if you're using ingress-nginx, cert-manager, and external-dns, add annotations similar to the following:
If you're using another cluster configuration, we'd be happy to help you configure it!